Optimizely A/B Tests and their Impact on Revenue
Revenue from Closed Won Opportunities in which their contacts viewed an A/B Test. You're running Optimizely or VWO A/B tests on your site, which experiments contribute positively to revenue? Negatively?Skill level: 201
Time: 5 mins
Who will love it: Web Admins, Conversion Rate Optimizers
Fields of focus:
Fields of focus:
- Bizible ABTests - The Salesforce Object containing A/B test Data
- Experiment - The A/B test Experiment title from Optimizely or VWO.
- Variation - The A/B test Variation title from Optimizely or VWO.
- Bizible v3.9
- Bizible/Optimizely integration enabled (available for all customers)
- Optimizely or VWO Experiments running on site
- Some basic SFDC reporting chops (or learn as you go)
1) Create a new report with report type: Bizible ABTests with Opportunity
Tip: The Bizible ABTest data, which reports the A/B tests viewed by your Leads/Contacts/Opps, exists under the Bizible ABTest Salesforce object. Choose reports w/ Bizible ABTest for other reports focused on A/B reporting.
2) Configure your report settings
- Show: All Leads
- Date Field: DateReported
- Date Range: Any
- Format: Summary Format
Tip: The DateReported field is the date/time in which the lead/contact/opp viewed the A/B Test Experiment.
Tip: Summary reports allow you to group rows of data, view subtotals, and create charts. Use this type for a report to show subtotals based on the value of a particular field or when you want to create a hierarchical list, such as all opportunities, subtotaled by Bizible ABTest Experiment and Variation.
3) Create a Grouping for Experiment and Variation
- Search for "Experiment".
- Find Experiment.
- Click and drag it into the blue "Grouping" area.
- Repeat for "Variation" - Drop it into the second blue "Grouping" Area.
4) Save, Run and Analyze the Report
Findings from this report:
- The Original Variation beat the other variations by a long shot (5x in terms of revenue).
- The "CRM question" variation performed the worst.
Take it to the next level
Add complexity. Run a report showing Revenue by Adwords Campaign by Experiment.
- Switch to a Matrix Format
- Filter by Bizible WebSource = Google Adwords
- Drop Bizible Campaign into the Column grouping.
- Filter Experiment Name to find results for a single experiment